News and Announcements
Fairfax Surgeons Continue to be Named to Best Doctor Lists
Many of our surgeons have been named to several recent listings of best doctors in the Washington DC and Northern Virginia area. These publications include the Washingtonian Magazine, Washington Post Magazine, the Northern Virginia Magazine and U.S. News and World Report. Drs. Colvin, Dougherty, Otchy and Stern have each been mentioned in at least three of these lists and Dr. Matzie was recognized in 2014. We are proud to have consistently been recognized in this way.
Fair Oaks Office Moving This Summer
We are happy to announce that our Fair Oaks office will be moving into the new Cancer Center Building that is nearing completion on the Fair Oaks Hospital Campus. We eagerly await the opening of our new office in the Cancer Center in July or August of 2014.
Welcome Kaiser Permanente Patients
FXCRS has just become a contracted provider for Kaiser Select. If you are struggling with a colorectal problem speak to your doctor today about obtaining a referral.
WELCOME TO FAIRFAX COLON & RECTAL SURGERY, where you will find health care professionals and staff dedicated to providing you with the highest level of quality care. Fairfax Colon & Rectal Surgery is devoted entirely to the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the colon, rectum, and anus. Our surgeons are board certified colon & rectal specialist and several have been named as ‘Best Doctors’ in recent publications of the Washingtonian magazine. We are the largest single specialty group of colorectal surgeons in the Washington, DC. Metropolitan area. We are regularly referred patients from the entire Northern Virginia area, including Fairfax, Alexandria, Arlington, Annandale, Loudon and Prince William Counties and beyond.
Our practice features:
- Surgeons who take the time to explain your condition and its treatment
- Vast experience, we perform >40% of all Colorectal Surgery in Northern Virginia
- Shorter hospital stays/lower complication rates
- Cancer Survival rates equivalent to major cancer centers
- Laproscopic (minimally invasive) colon surgery offered in most cases
- Da Vinci Robotic surgery is performed for some colon surgery cases.
- Anorectal physiology testing for evaluation of incontinence and constipation
- A variety of non-operative treatments for hemorrhoids and other anorectal conditions
- A spacious, central office with convenient parking
- Three additional satellite offices throughout northern Virginia for greater patient convenience
- Our own AAAHC-approved Ambulatory Surgery Center, co-located with our Fairfax Office, providing an efficient, low-stress atmosphere for a less hectic, more personal experience than found at hospital based operating rooms.
High Resolution Anoscopy (HRA)HRA is a sophisticated technique to screen high risk individuals for anal cancer. The surgeons at FXCRS have completed training and obtained the equipment necessary to perform this procedure. This is another way in which FXCRS strives to provide the best and latest in medical technology for our patients.
Doppler Guided Hemorrhoid Artery Ligation (THD)
This procedure is now being offered by our surgeons to patients who have significant hemorrhoid problems but are concerned about undergoing the pain and recovery from a standard hemorrhoidectomy. DGHAL can control hemorrhoid symptoms with minimal pain and a rapid return to full normal activities. Speak to our doctors about this at your next visit.